Pages

Dundee, Scotland

It's good to be home in Dundee, the City of Discovery.  Today I did some tour guiding on the RRS Discovery.  The ship is very famous as it first took explorers such as Captain Scott and Ernest Shackleton all the way to the Antarctic in 1901.  It was built in Dundee and it came back here in 1986 after many adventures. I'm wondering when I might go and explore in Antarctica?!
I took the helm, as we seem to be heading the wrong way!

Just checking we are on the right bearing.

Climbing the rigging.

I had some trouble ringing the bell.

I'm on the bridge.

Playing cards with the crew.

I'm sitting on Antarctica!

With the Captain and crew in the Officer's Wardroom.

I met a lovely lady from S. Africa who was visiting today.
The Discovery in Dundee in 2015.

The Discovery leaving for Antarctica in 1901.

No comments:

Post a Comment