Pages

Iceland

Behind me is a Geyser shooting very hot water into the air!
 Iceland is a very special island, only two hours by plane from Scotland.  It has volcanoes, geysers, waterfalls, glaciers and icebergs.  The first people to live here were Vikings and they settled here in the year 874.
I saw icebergs at Jokulsarlon!

This is the Solfar sculpture at the harbour in Reykjavik.

Hallgrimskirkja is a famous landmark in Reykjavik., I thought it was like a space rocket!

Here I am at the top of the tower looking down at Reykjavik.
This is where the European and American tectonic plates are pulling apart!

Iceland has many beautiful waterfalls!

I made new friends from Taiwan, they were visiting Iceland too! Lovely to meet you Yun Cheng and Yu Jung!

This is the lagoon at Jokulsarlon where a glacier is ending it's journey from the mountains to the sea.

It was very wet at Gulfoss waterfalls!

No comments:

Post a Comment